Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Life in the Whirlwind

So this is my life right now - something of a whirlwind! This past week (spring break), I was back home in Billings to work on fundraising for the Missoula Project. Very, very busy, but very encouraging and rewarding at the same time - not so much in terms of funds raised, but in primarily terms of relationships renewed (or created!).

I had a chance to speak extensively in our sister church in Bozeman, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to see what God is doing in this body. From an outsiders perspective, you can see that things are happening - God is on the move in people's lives, and there is a zeal evident which I haven't seen before. I am encouraged to have connected with so many of you there.

I'm also extremely grateful to have been able to connect with friends back in Billings as well - we hosted a couple of desserts in the evening, and then I met with a lot of people individually. Very, very good to see you all. I can't wait to get back on a more permanent basis.

Speaking of "getting back" (not on a permanent basis, unfortunately), I got home to Philly late Sunday night - and I will be heading back out west on Thursday afternoon - this time to connect with veteran church planter Shane Sunn in Greeley Colorado. We'll be driving up to Billings on Friday for the annual RMCC Missions Conference (Shane's speaking), and then on Sunday or Monday we'll be heading back down to Colorado, for presbytery which will run Wednesday through Friday of the following week.

Is your head spinning yet? Mine is. I have a Hebrew quiz to prepare for before I leave (ouch), and then 2 papers that are due within a week of when I get back (Apr 28). So the end is near. It's crunch time, and we'd definitely appreciate your prayers. Things are definitely busy - life really does feel like a whirlwind right now - but I can also say that God is good and I am excited to see what he's doing. Stay tuned and we'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home