Friday, April 07, 2006

Another Kind of Excursion

Next week is Spring Break, and that means I'll be taking another kind of excursion - this one a short, quick trip back to Montana. There are a couple of reasons for this.

First, Malachi is heading back to Billings just in time for baseball season (like he did last year). This time he will be staying with our dear friends, the Skiles. He will probably be playing up in the heights again, with the same team he was on last year. There's an outside chance, however, that he may be making a jump up to legion ball - he's been asked to try out for the Cardinals. No guarantees, and its probably a long shot (since most of the kids on the team are 15 and 16), but it should be a good experience. Please pray for him if you think about it...

Second, I am heading back to raise awareness (and hopefully support) for the Missoula Project. I'll be preaching in Bozeman on Palm Sunday (April 9), and then I'll be back in Billings for the rest of the week, mostly to try and connect with as many people as possible over breakfasts, lunch, dinner, coffee, even desserts! If you a) live in Billings or Bozeman, and b) aren't yet participating in the Missoula Project, I would love to get together and talk with you about it...

I'll be flying back to Philly on Easter Sunday, and then I'll be back out in Billings again the following weekend - this time with church planter extraordinaire, Shane Sunn, who will be speaking at RMCC's annual missions conference. After that, back down to the Denver area for presbytery, and then finally back out to Philly (where I will basically have about a week left of classes before heading into finals).

As you can see, things are quickly drawing to a close... We would definitely appreciate your prayers over the coming weeks - both as I travel, but also as I get a chance to meet with a lot of people to talk about the Missoula Project. I am increasingly coming to see fundraising as a beautiful thing, and I am looking forward to sharing our vision with others. Pray that God would continue to raise up partners in this effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home