Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Spam King

Ok, so I just spammed everyone in my gmail address book this morning. My apologies to those of you who bore the brunt of it. It all started when I received an email from a family member who uses Ringo to keep track of friends. Hey, this looks interesting, I thought, and I preceeded to enter my own info and then try to figure out exactly what it does. What it does, it turns out, is not much - it just allows you to share photos (which I can already do just fine, via my photoblog, thank you very much). But maybe it'll allow me to keep track of folks' contact info?

So I proceeded to play around and then before I knew it I had just sent a message to everybody I have ever sent an email to, along with their brothers, cousins, pets, and long lost chinchillas, inviting them all to 'come see Christian's online photos!' Of course, I don't HAVE any photos up on Ringo, but there's no way to undo it once it was done (you can't tell it to email everyone, saying 'whoops - ignore that previous email'). Sheesh.

So anyway, here I stand, Spam King for a day. Sorry about that. I think I'll crawl back into my hole now...

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Master Aegidius said...

I am still thinking of a Bible verse to hit you over the head with....

 
At 1:37 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Steve F. said...

the good news is, we now all know what you look like

 
At 3:47 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Pilgrim in Progress said...

Yeah, scary, isn't it? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home