Friday, October 28, 2005

Elk Hunting with your Kids

Stuff like this story here both warms my heart and makes me miss Montana even more. It's the story of a 12 year old boy who bagged his first elk this fall. Not bad! But his sister managed to do the same thing at the same age last year. The only difference was that she used her rifle, and he used his bow. Wow.

Speaking of elk, here's a nice shot of a 6x6 bull that my Dad bagged this past weekend up in the Crazy Mountains. Ahh... I think I'm a bit jealous. Just a little.


Grandpa Mike's 6x6 bull from this past Sunday

Last year, Malachi was able to fly back home and shoot his first buck when he was 12, which was a great thing, even though I couldn't be there to see it. We won't be able to swing it for Micah this year (who is also 12), but both boys are looking forward to next Fall in Missoula. And I think I am looking forward to it even more. To be able to hunt with your kids - that is a special thing!

In the meantime, we have to content ourselves w/ listening to stories from Uncle Jake and looking at pictures (thanks to those of you back home who have been keeping us in the loop).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home