Monday, August 01, 2005

While the Cat's Away...

Hey folks, Jack here! That's right - Marilyn's Sourdough Flapjack, the Cryder's wonderful yellow lab - that's me! And since they are all busy at some camp this weekend, I got to stay with good 'ol Uncle Jake for a few days. And boy, let me tell you, Uncle Jake is the real deal. He is a man's man, the dog's bark, the cat's meow... in short, he is the BEST!

Not only does he have two swell pals for me to play with (Shiloh and Strider), but he took me in and treated me like I was part of his very own family! I got to say in the house, and eat this really yummy venison stew, and then he let me wash it all down with a nice cold one. Wow. I mean, you've gotta look long and hard to find better lovin than this! And that wasn't the half of it!

Every evening he asked me sleep inside and keep him company. I think he was kind of lonely, since most of his family was gone - so rest assured I did my labrador best to comfort him and show him how much I enjoyed his hospitality. I kept a sharp lookout for any danger, and at the first sign of trouble I made sure to let him know about it. I kept his feet warm, his couches soft, his floors clean... heck, I even tried to help out with the dishes!

I know he appreciated my efforts, because he pretty much bent over backwards to make sure I was happy too - if I needed to go check on my pals, he would get up and let me out, and then when I needed to come back in to check on him, well there he was just waiting at the door for me! I mean, that's how much he cared! Wow!

Well the folks are coming by soon to pick me up, so I better go (I still need to help Uncle Jake finish up a little yardwork, and then I'm going leave him a special going away present!). Just for the record: I still love my own master better, but if I ever need to find a new home, I'm heading to Manhattan to live with good 'ol Uncle Jake!

That's all for now!
Jack

(Editor's note: evidently Master Aegidius has a slightly different perspective on Jack the house guest)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home