Sunday, June 26, 2005

It's Official...

It's official, I am no longer taller than all my kids. At 13.5 years old, Malachi is now just as tall as I am (a little over 6' 1"). And since I am no longer growing any direction but out, the odds of me regaining the lead are slim to none.

I have resorted to telling him: "Just remember, no matter how big you get, I am still bigger in here" (pointing to my heart). Then I say something like, "Oh my, whatever could that be?" or "Look, an eagle!" so that I can whack him behind the knees. He just grins and says, "Nice try Dad!"

As part of this whole "growing up" thing, I'm happy to report that Malachi officially became a communicant member in our church today, meaning he is now old enough to take communion. That's a pretty significant milestone in a young man's life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home